Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kickin' Pasta Salad

Good Afternoon!

I knew I'd be eating my words when I said I don't usually eat lunch- but since I had a delicious Pasta Salad in the refrigerator overnight, I couldn't help but have a little bit! I thought I'd share my recipe! 

This recipe makes a lot of Pasta Salad- so I often halve it since it's just the two of us (it will still last a few days!). The Salsa and Tabasco give it a little kick so it isn't as sweet as your regular southern style!

Kickin' Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
16oz Macaroni Style Pasta
6 Eggs, Hard boiled & chopped
1/2 cup Buttermilk (or Vegan alternative- see note* at bottom)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise
4 Stalks Celery, diced
1/2 cup Salsa (Mild or Medium)
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Dash of Chipotle Tabasco

*NOTE: For Vegan Buttermilk- Combine 1/2 cup Soy Milk and 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar. Stir & let stand for 10 minutes and then use in place of Dairy Buttermilk.

Method:
1) Cook Pasta according to package directions and boil eggs the usual way
2) Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in large container or mixing bowl
3) Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water to allow to cool a bit
4) Add pasta to mixture (I find doing this a couple of large spoonfuls at a time and combining the easiest way to fully disperse the dressing) 
5) Finally, add eggs and carefully combine well
6) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight

Vintage Serving Suggestion: If you have company, tear some full leaves off a head of lettuce and refrigerate them, separated for 20 minutes on a plate. Then, put each lettuce leave on a salad bowl and add a helping of pasta salad to the lettuce cups! 



1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds delicious! I love just about any kind of pasta salad :) Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete