Okay- I realize it's cold outside and you are probably craving something hearty and toasty from the oven, but if you feel like changing it up a bit this recipe is divine. It's a delicious way to get your Vegetables in (you can really add whatever Veg you want, this recipe is super versatile) and it makes a lot- so you can pack it for lunches the next day as well as having leftovers for dinner! I usually like to serve it with some Vegan Chick'n but it's fine just on it's own, too!
Asian Noodle Salad:
1 lb box Thin Spaghetti (cooked according to package directions)
3/4 cup Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Honey
2 Tbsp Ginger, minced
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
4 Tbsp Sesame Oil + 1 Tbsp extra
2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
1 can Baby Corn, drained
1 can Bean Sprouts, drained
2 Green Peppers, sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced
1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
4 Green Onions, chopped
Honey Roasted Peanuts, to serve
1) Cook Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain into colander and rinse with cold water to cool down noodles completely. Toss in a dash of Sesame Oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
2) In a large bowl or container, combine Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, 4 Tbsp Sesame Oil, Sweet Chili Sauce. Taste test the mixture- add more Honey for sweetness or more Soy Sauce for saltiness.
3) Fold in cooled Spaghetti into dressing mixture (I find it easiest to do this a few scoops at a time to ensure that each bit of Spaghetti is covered) and combine well
4) Add all vegetables and some sesame seeds and fold in
5) To serve, garnish with Honey Roasted Peanuts